Thursday, March 02, 2006

Life is too short.

So I was reading Cosmogirl to see what's new, etc...Actually I was looking for some material to tease girls (ie. horse girl) but anyway I came across an interesting article. Well not really new but it gave me a flashback of the past. It was about this girl who was homeless and than she had enough of her life and became successful - you know those kinda stories. I'll quote her cause I want to read this over after I trash the magazine.

"Seeing someone close to you pass away really gives you a sense of how temporary life is; the time we have here is precious and short. It's a waste of time to have your eyes shut in anger. It's a waste of time to feel you're owed something. It's a waste of time to wait for someone to do it for you. Make the most of what you have. Whenever you see someone else doing something, it could be you doing it."

Haha this sounds so cliche - something right out of a self-help book. Anyway I got too caught up in my daily grind and I forgot what I was really seeking. My guess is cause I got comfortable and didn't really want to put in the effort to change. I felt like I was supposed to be given the grand dream and waiting for it to magically land on my lap. The things with dreams is they land somewhere close and you have to walk and pick it up.

So my reiteration is life is too short to be worried about how others see you at the party or when you do approaches on the streets. Life is too short to live in isolation away from social pressure. Girls won't magically ring your doorbell so dance and leave lasting impressions on every person you touch.

Actually this morning I went on a job interview for this assistant graphic design position. It was for a clothing company and I went in really high energy. Needless to say there were tons of females passing in the lobby and they all approached me asking if I was a buyer and if I was being helped. I'm thinking it might have been my relaxed body language since I was leaning back, crossing my legs and reading a magazine. During the interview, it was 2 girls against me but I powered my voice and kept the eye contact - and they hired me. Kudos and a pat on the back.

About damn time its Friday! I got two birthday parties to attend but I want to meet up with my wingman to practice my skills, decisions decisions. Hopefully he comes through and we hit the people at the bars of the birthdays. Time to get some more approaches under my belt and I'm working on a new opener to use. I notice I do all the role-reversals naturally with a girl I am comfortable with, I just need to be totally comfortable with strangers.

Oooo that reminds me of this past Saturday when I was walking up the stairs from the train station. This girl approaches me and asks for directions - I tell her "sure, it's a couple blocks from here - I'll take you" and so we begin our conversation. It seems she was asking more and more questions about me like What's my name?, What do I do for a living? Where do I live? boring interview question style. She was such an AFC but I guess they don't have to worry too much about pick-up. So i slyly responded with jokes and teasing as if she was a stalker etc... problem is when I closed her for an e-mail. I must have done it unconfidently because it turned out she was a flake. I have no idea what the harm could be for e-mail and if I could replay the whole thing - all I heard was her laughing and having a good time. The mystery will never be solved... =(

No comments: